Bökkers Mölle Mill and Bakery - Olst
The mill was built around 1729 as a hulling mill. Shortly afterwards, it was also converted into an oil mill. After a fire, the mill was converted into a steam oil mill in 1866, with the superstructure disappearing entirely as a mill. In 1895, it was converted into a corn mill; a new superstructure was put on. This is the current situation.
Just before the capture of Olst by Allied troops in 1945, German soldiers placed an aerial bomb in the mill to blow up the mill with it. Fortunately, the bomb caused little damage. This bomb can still be seen in the mill.
In 1993, the mill became the property of the Bökkers Mölle Foundation. The intention was to get the mill, which was falling into disrepair due to stagnation, back into grinding condition. On 7 September 1996, the mill could officially be put into operation.
Today, it is a milling and bakery and well worth a look. The mill's annex also houses a restaurant.