Beatrix mill - Winssen
The mill was built in 1791 as a polder mill in Alphen aan de Maas. Together with four other polder mills, it kept the Land of Maas and Waal dry until 1847. In 1819, the standing paddle wheel of the mill was replaced by an inclined paddle wheel in order to grind away the water more easily when there was little wind. But the windmills became superfluous when, between 1820 and 1847, steam-powered drainage was introduced.
The mill was restored in 1955 and 1987/1988. During this last restoration, the mill was moved about 350 metres eastwards. The sails now turn regularly again under the direction of three volunteer millers. The grain is milled into flour that is sold in the small mill shop in the mill.
6645 BS Winssen
E: email@example.com W: https://www.beatrixmolen.nl/
|Saturday||10:00 - 15:00|
Also available by appointment.