The Warkense Mill - Warken / Warnsveld
The mill was built at a natural height in 1878. In 1899 a petroleum engine was purchased, which could drive a couple of grinding stones from a built in engine room. In 1922, outside the mill, a machine room with a crude oil engine was installed which powered the grinding stones from the bottom. The mechanical milling company gradually took over from the wind. With the exception of the war time 1940 - 1945, the windmill stopped. In 2008 the baker's home near the mill was rebuilt and the original bread oven had to disappear. In 2010 the oven was placed in a converted barn and is part of a small Bakkers Museum there.