Oortman mill - Lattrop
The first mill on this place was built in 1779 in Tjamsweer, near Appingedam, as a peeling and oil mill. In 1910, this mill was transferred by ship to Lattrop by order of miller Johannes Oortman and rebuilt as a flour mill. The mill came into operation in 1911, but already in 1933 the purchase of a diesel engine caused the mill to decay. This led to dismantling in 1941. Without blades and in use as a motor mill, the mill stood like this until the major restoration in 1982 and 1983. Just before that, the Oortman Mill Foundation, founded in 1981, took care of the mill to be able to keep it for posterity. The old mill was canceled to be rebuilt with original parts. The mill has been rebuilt from new material.
7635 NW Lattrop
|Saturday||10:00 - 12:00|
The mill is open on Saturdays from May 1st to September 20th until 1 p.m. Other moments are by appointment.