Mill The Friendship - Veenendaal
As its predecessor, this mill had a stand mill called Oude or Stichtse Molen at a location on the current Molenstraat in Stichts Veenendaal, where there is now a mill memorial. This first Veenendaal windmill was probably built in 1556 on the Grote Venlo, located in the court Renswoude. The initiative for this came from the Carthusian monastery Nieuwlicht, which then assumed that this location would also be the new village for the peat workers. In August 1555, the Court of Auditors of the province of Utrecht gave permission for the construction and operation of the mill, with the proviso, among other things, that it had to be built within a year.
Mill The Friendship
3905 LJ Veenendaal
|Open 24 hours|
The mill is open every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., the other days when the mill is running or by appointment.