Heeze Castle - Heeze
It is remarkable that this castle actually consists of two castles. There is a medieval Eymerick castle and Heeze Castle dating from the 17th century. Both buildings have their own courtyard. In 1285 Willem van Horne and Althena owned the glory. Heeze resides in his family until 1615. In 1659, Albert Snouckaert baron van Schauburg buys the glory. In the meantime, Eymerick has already fallen to ruin. He contracts the well-known architect Pieter Post for a new castle to be built. Construction is delayed, after which his son Maurits Post is finishing the castle to an adapted form. In 1733, Adam Baron de Holbach buys the property. He builds the stables on the first courtyard. He gives the Heeze glory as a wedding present to his cousin, the philosopher Paul baron de Holbach. In 1760, Jan Baron van Tuyll van Serooskerken acquired the property. The castle is still owned by his family. Slot Eymerick is used to an important extent for parties and weddings, including many wedding ceremonies.