Country estate Beeckestijn - Velsen-Zuid
The origins of Beeckestijn go back to the beginning of the 17th century or possibly even earlier, when there is a farmstead on the banks of the former Wijckermeer. The estate owes its name to the Beeckestijn family, who once owned it here. Between 1716 and 1721 the house was radically rebuilt and expanded by Jan Trip de Jonge. The characteristic Louis XIV-style facade dates from that time. At the same time, the two outbuildings were constructed. For a long time they served as a coach house, horse stables and orangery. The current protruding side wings were built in 1755 on behalf of owner Jacob Boreel. He also commissioned the construction of the park at the rear of the house. For some time now, the Hendrick de Keyser Association has been the managing owner of the monumental buildings and the Natuurmonumenten Association has taken over the management of the park and forest.