Windesheimer Mill - Windesheim
This mill, built in 1748, is the successor of a centuries-old standardized mill. In 1704 the standerdmolen was blown over by a devastating storm. Because it was of economic importance, a new mill was built at its current location. In 1747 fate struck when a storm also destroyed this second mill. The rebuilding work began immediately, so that the mill could be reopened in 1748. In 1951, the Windesheimer Mill Foundation took over the mill in order to prevent it from being demolished. In 1952 the foundation was able to take the mill back into use after restoration. Until June 1964, various professional millers milled for bakers in the immediate vicinity and for cattle feed. Since then, volunteers have been working as millers at the mill. In 1978 the municipality of Zwolle became the owner of the mill. Shortly after, the municipality had it restored.
8012 PC Windesheim
|Saturday||09:00 - 12:00|
Can also be visited by appointment.