Eastern Mill - Mijnsheerenland
The Oostmolen is the last remaining seesaw mill in the Hoekse Waard. The Oostmolen came out of operation in 1948 and last served during the flood of 1953. After that the mill fell. In 1962 the municipality of Mijnsheerenland bought the Oostmolen. Since 1992, the seesaw has been managed by the Molens Binnenmaas Foundation and is currently a reserve for the polder.
Many dates have been carved in the mill, of which 1731 is the oldest date. However, the archive contains accounts from 1546 for work on the wateringhe of the Oostwatermolen. The bills indicate amounts for one year grinding wages, keeping the grinder bucket dry, lapping the seijls, splitting the ropes, stopping and dulling the suijgers and putting on and taking off the seijlen, a sum of 90 guilders .
At the moment there is an authentic miller's house, which is decorated according to the lifestyle of around 1900. In 2011, a large-scale restoration started. During this restoration, the mill was put straight again and the loose connections in the load-bearing construction were restored. On June 1, 2013, the mayor of the Borgenorff of the municipality of Binnenmaas officially put the mill back into use.